Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ponderings...

Just last night, as I was reading His Word, one verse struck me like a lightning...

James 3:9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.

As I pondered over this, I realized somethings...

When I scold someone "IDIOT!", I am scolding God too, for he/she is made in God's likeness.

When I think someone is ugly, I'm saying God is ugly too. What is ugliness anyway? Who has the right to say who is beautiful, and who is UGLY?

And I just can't believe people (including myself) can praise God like soooooooooo wonderfully in church during worship or prayer but on certain occasions, we curse, swear, say bad words like "F***!", "SH**!", "#$%%#$^", and so on like nobody's business!!!

Think about it today (I'm speaking to myself too)...

Do you need to change the way you talk?

Maybe you need to think twice before saying foul words?

Who are we to judge others?

How does it benefit yourself, or others by saying those stuffs?

A few reckless words spoken in anger and impatience can cause so much hurt and tear down the trust & respect others have for you in just a few seconds... So, THINK TWICE before you say something you might regret for the rest of your lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angeline Choo said...

i guess we have been too free with our words at times.

but what if we aint scolding anyone?? what if we were just merely expressing ourselves?? would that be ok??

*lol*

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

*speechless*

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger AdRIaN said...

si pek tiok!!!!(in hokkien)

Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home